Cylinder oil in a main engine has two main tasks. It should lubricate the engine to have an acceptable low wear level and it has to neutralize the sulphuric acid to avoid unexpected acid corrosion in the liner. By analysing scrapedown oil collected from the scavenge space shipboard personnel are able to monitor the condition of the engine’s cylinders and detect changes as they occur. This task helps to protect the engine, optimise the feed rate, monitor for mechanical & corrosive wear and reduce maintenance and operating costs.
Protect the liner of your engine!
- Sales personnel of mineral oil companies
- Technical application engineers
- Technical crews from seagoing vessels
- Technical superintendents
- Service providers in the area of lubricants and tribology